Nicole purchased Girls Fight Back in 2020 because of her passion for empowering women and helping others. She is dedicated to bringing the message of living a fearless life and combating violence to millions of young women across the country.
Nicole received a full scholarship to Cal State Long Beach as a President’s Scholar, and graduated Summa Cum Laude with a BA in Speech Communication. Her self-defense training includes IMPACT LA (where she is also a lead instructor), Defense Against the Armed Assailant training, FAST defense & the GFB Speaker Academy.
Nicole is an NACP Credentialed Advocate and currently sits on the board of IMPACT Personal Safety. Nicole was featured in a self-defense instructional video by Tastemade Travel that won a People’s Voice Webby Award in May 2020 and she is the creator of Outdoor Defense, an IGTV series that aims to help people stay safe while enjoying the outdoors.
She is a collaborative partner with Difference Makers (10 Strong) and has traveled the world speaking and facilitating workshops at military installations, colleges, high schools, corporations, and private groups. In 2017 she volunteered in Fiji to teach self-defense to the women and girls in local villages.
On her spare time, Nicole loves to hike, camp, horseback ride, play sports and travel the world; often on her own and is an active volunteer in her community.
- What Nicole does
- Travelling solo for the first time
- Learning self defence
- Wanting to be prepared
- Getting involved in a social justice group
- Girls Fight Back
- Becoming the CEO of Girls Fight Back
- Practical tips and advice
- Trusting your intuition
- The Gift of Fear - By Gavin de Becker
- Working in Fiji
- The power of education
- Black Girls Trekking
- Dealing with fears for new hikers hiking for the first time
- Doing a land acknowledgement
- Hiking in New Zealand
- Why hiking is meditative
- The restorative power of nature
- Dealing with Covid
- Taking the Girls Fight Back program online
- Becoming an urban hiker
- Tips and advice for new hikers
- Doing preparation for your hike
- You are powerful - You are a force
- Plans for the future of Girls Fight Back
- Dreaming big