Nicky first came on the Tough Girl Podcast in 2018 where she shared more about her early running career and completing the Double Ramsay Round and becoming the fastest women to do so!
Nicky held the women's records for all three Rounds simultaneously until 2016, and is the holder of the overall record for the double Bob Graham Round and the only person ever to complete doubles of the other two Rounds.
Nicky is passionate about running and during this episodes she shares more about her training and preparation, running the perfect race, as well as touching on nutrition, dealing with mind games and participating in the Barkley Marathon in 2019.
- About Nicky
- Her passion for running
- Ultra Tour Monta Rosa 2018
- When a race goes to plan
- Deciding to go faster at the half way point
- Eating while running
- Not trying new foods anymore!
- Using gels
- Using poles on climbs
- Planning for the perfect race
- The Barkley Marathon 2019
- The hoops you have to jump through to enter the race
- The mind games….
- The preparation for the Barkley
- Doing research on the race
- Keeping everything the same
- Not knowing what time the race would start
- Not being able to switch your mind off
- Not knowing what time it is day or night
- No Spot trackers!
- Why you are racing the clock and not other people
- Taking us back to the start line
- Making the decision to drop out of the race
- Reflecting back on the race
- Dealing with brain fog and when your brain isn’t working
- Planning to do the Barkley again
- Writing an essay…
- Doing the Double Paddy Buckley Round 2019
- Running with other people
- Advice for doing the Double Paddy
- Quick Fire Questions
Nicky has been supported for several years
by inov-8 and is a proud Ambassador.
Follow inov-8 here: Twitter @inov_8