Zahra Rose, a brand ambassador for Sports Shoes and The North Face, and has achieved incredible feats such as trekking to Everest, Broad Peak, and K2 Base camps, as well as summiting Mt. Kilimanjaro, the highest mountain in Africa.
In addition to her love for adventure, Zahra is an active member of the Muslim Hikers Community and uses her social media platform to promote representation of Muslim women in outdoor activities.
Zahra is a strong advocate for breaking down stereotypes of the "Hijabi woman" and inspiring the next generation to pursue their dreams.
New episodes of the Tough Girl Podcast go live every Tuesday at 7am UK time - Subscribe so you don’t miss out.
Support the mission to increase the amount of female role models in the media. Visit www.patreon.com/toughgirlpodcast Thank you.
- Who is Zahra Rose
- Being raised in Hastings, South England
- Having 2 younger sisters
- Feeling out of place
- Struggling to make friends locally
- Seeing people who looked like her for the first time
- Moving to London to study fashion design
- Feeling confident and knowing herself well
- Being inspired by her father who was a runner
- Getting involved in sports
- Wearing the headscarf at 14
- Feeling the need to change her personality
- Feeling confident and self assured
- Representing her faith and feeling a sense of responsibly
- Starting travelling after university
- Why travelling is an important part of life
- Getting into hiking at 14
- Her first charity trip to Snowdon
- The struggle of climbing her first mountain
- Wanting to encourage other muslim women to get outdoors
- Creating a vision board every year
- Connecting with Haroon Mota from Muslin Hikers
- Planning to go to Everest Base Camp, Nepal
- Training and preparation for the trip
- The importance of training your mind
- Starting her day with yoga
- The power of acceptance
- Checking in with yourself on a regular basis
- Spending time in Nepal
- The challenges on the hike to base camp
- Dealing with the adventure blues
- Planning the next challenge/adventure
- Needing something to look forward to
- Climbing Kilimanjaro - the highest mountain in Africa
- Summit night
- Praying while on adventure
- Heading to Broad Peak and K2 Base Camps
- The final push to get to base camp
- Being supported and encouraged at the the tough moments
- Being a member o fMuslim Hikers - Inspiring Muslims to get OUTDOORS.
- How to connect with Zahra Rose
- Final words of advice to motivate and inspire other women and girls to get active and spend more time in the outdoors
- Why nothing is beyond your limits
- Her plans to reach 40 countries
Muslim Hikers - Inspiring Muslims to get OUTDOORS.