- Getting to know a little more about Richelle and why she calls herself a 30-something, normal girls who has an adventurous spirit & why she loves the outdoors
- Deciding at 21 years old to travel around South America solo & what she learnt about herself while travelling
- Her experience of the Inca Trail; the trials, the tribulations, the challenges she faced and what she learnt from the experience and why that advice still holds true for today
- Developing her mental strength
- Experiencing Machu Picchu and being surrounded by Inca history
- The reasons for signing up for Everest Base Camp and why she’s up for having experiences around the world
- Training for Everest Base Camp and how being plus sized made her anxious being the trip
- Body image and how it can impact on what you do, or don’t do
- The impact on her normal life and why it’s “screwed up her sense of normal”
- Her business - “Escaping your Comfort Zone” - How it came about and why it took her a 5,000 mile trip on a bicycle before she started it
- Why it’s not about weight loss - but rather making friends and having fun!
- Why you’re not broken and you don’t need to be fixed
- Deciding to head off to cycle 5,000 miles from Canada to Mexico!!
- Why she decided to stop comparing herself to others and why she stopped doing it and why you should to
- Getting through the tough days on the road!
- Failure and why it doesn’t exist as long as your still learning
- Future challenges & goals
Follow Escaping Your Comfort Zone on Facebook or check out their website!
A massive thank you to everyone who has become a patron! You too can support the Tough Girl Podcast from $2 to $5 per month! CLICK HERE!
Future Events 2016!
27th - 31st August - Emma & Sarah - Hadrians Wall Adventure
1st - 4th September - Base Camp Festival, Peak District
8th October - Women in Adventure Expo, Bristol
To be kept unto date on Tough Girl Challenges - Come and follow the Facebook page. Click here