Cycling the Pacific Coast Highway & the Baja Divide!
On the 4th September I will fly out to Vancouver. On the 10th September 2018 - I will be cycling over 4,000km down the Pacific Coast Highway to San Diego, before crossing the border into Mexico to cycle the Baja Divide to Cabo San Lucas.
I will be sharing all of the planning and preparation as well as daily vlogging the cycling challenge!
I can't wait to share this experience with you!
To support Tough Girl Challenges, please become a patron. Help me to increase the amount of female role models in the media.
- What Caroline does
- The next challenge what it is and why I choose it!
- How it came about
- Getting outside my comfort zone
- Why the timing was just perfect
- Being inspired by Faye Shepherd
- 10th September….
- How do you plan for a trip like this?
- Breaking it down and writing to do lists
- Paying for the big ticket items
- Equipment needs…
- Spot Tracker….
- Buying a tent
- Support from the tribe with equipment
- Training and being in recovery from the Appalachian Trail
- Hip flexors and glutes
- Being a blue sky thinker
- Packing… and being more relaxed
- Throwing in a few more luxuries
- Not knowing how I’m going to pack stuff…
- The bike…. needing 2 bikes…
- Bike sponsorship….
- Borrowing a bike and being able to post it back to LA US$90
- Ride On - http://www.rideon.com
- Buying a bike, getting a bike fit & accessories, maintenance for the bike
- Ignorance is bliss!
- Bike maintenance….
- Pedals & bike loading…
- Rucksack on my back?
- Time pressure
- Saddle sores
- Self care
- Wanting a different pace
- Mileage and nutrition
- 6 months to get my back balance back with nutrition
- Not having ridden on a loaded bike before…
- Crossing the border and why I’m a little apprehensive
- Social events while on the road
- Meeting up with Roz Savage - maybe?
- The difficulties of planning while on the road
- How much of the trip have I planned?
- Heading to Forks…
- Reaching LA for Halloween..
- What I’m most looking forward to on this trip
- Sharing my journey - “Document don’t create” (Gary Vee)
- My two fears…. cars & guns
- What if lists… and writing down all my fears
- Having back up plans
- Accommodation - Using warmshowers.org
- Budgeting and reducing all of my costs down
- Needing to be sensible
- Looking for accommodation in LA
- What can the tough girl tribe do to support
- Managing the business while I’m on the road
- Designing my business so I can be on the road
- When I’m coming back to the UK
- Heading to India and taking a month of everything
- Trying to be relaxed
- The next mega milestone
Connect with Caroline Wellingham
IAPC&M Accredited Career Coach and NLP Practitioner looking to inspire, motivate and encourage women to find their dream career.
Website - http://www.raisethebarlifecoaching.com
Twitter - @raisethebarlife
Instagram - @raise_the_bar_life