We have been following Jessica (Trail name - Dixie) since 2016 when we first spoke with her about her thru hike of the Appalachian Trial, we then caught up with Jessica in Feb 2019, when she shared more about hiking the Pacific Crest Trail and the Continental Divide Trail.
During this episode, Jessica shares more about her most recent challenge - walking 500 miles on the Camino de Santiago, which is also known as the French Way. The journey begins at Saint Jean Pied de Port, in France, and goes through four of Spain's 15 regions, ending at the Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela.
Jessica shares more about her experiences of this walk, what she wanted to learn and what made it such a special journey. She also shares more about future challenges, and provides top tips and advice for your next hike!
You can listen to Jessica/Dixie on the Tough Girl Podcast and watch her vlogs on the Homemade Wanderlust Channel.
- Who is Jessica
- How she got into hiking
- Her passion for hiking
- Wanting to travel abroad to hike
- Thinking about the Camino
- Hiking with her sister - Montana
- Getting her first passport at 30
- Planning to head over to Europe
- Preparation for the trip
- Not wanting to over research
- Not booking a return flight
- The Wine Fountain!
- Taking the time to think
- The culture shock of Paris
- Getting homesick
- Comparing thru hikes in America to the Camino
- Hiking Vs a pilgrimage
- Appreciating home more
- Stepping outside her comfort zone
- Heading over to New Zealand in October…
- Homemade Wanderlust Youtube Channel
- Reaching Santiago!
- Heading to “the end of the world!”
- Heading off to Italy after the walk
- Quick Fire Questions
- Final words of advice