Dora is a Running Coach for Nike UK and has launched Ultra Black Running - a community of Black Women and Non-Binary people to explore and experience the world of trail running.
“I’ll do everything I can, to make sure trail running becomes more diverse and work towards overcoming any barriers we may face”
Dora is a youth mentor and works on self-development programmes to encourage young people to engage in sport based initiatives.
Listen to Dora on the Tough Girl Podcast! New episodes go live every Tuesday and Thursday at 7am UK time - Subscribe so you don’t miss out!
The Tough Girl Podcast is sponsorship and ad free thanks to the monthly financial support of patrons. To find out more about supporting your favourite podcast and becoming a patron please check out www.patreon.com/toughgirlpodcast
- Why running is a really useful life tool
- Starting running in 2013
- Getting into running via boxing
- Getting into boxing via a friend
- Starting to take training seriously
- Finding her tribe
- The struggle with starting to run
- Pushing herself to see how far she could run
- Doing her first 10k
- The importance of going back to you why
- Having people to help hold you accountable
- Struggling with the label of being "a runner”
- Going to a run club for the first time
- If you run, you are a runner
- What happens at a run club
- Feeling part of a team
- Becoming a running coach
- Leadership in Running
- Studying Sports Coaching at University
- Deciding to take on The Speed Project!
- Running from LA to Las Vegas
- Being part of a team of 8
- Doing intense training
- Running in Death Valley
- Fears and concerns before the race
- Getting through tough sections
- Her role in the team
- The push to the finish line and celebrating the end!
- Needing a new challenge…
- Deciding to the Speed Project a second time!!
- Her favourite distance to run
- What a typical running week would look like
- Training for life
- Running the Virtual Race to the Stones (100k in 7 days)
- Getting out of the door in the morning
- Having to be tough on yourself to get things done
- Foam rolling & stretching….
- Advice from her physio around active recovery
- Founding Ultra Black Running in July 2020
- Wanting to do something for Black Women
- Getting into trail running
- Starting to fall out of love with running
- Feeling overwhelmed and anxious
- Wanting to share the joy with other people
- Waning to create a space for Black Women and Non Binary people
- Encouraging others to get into trail running
- Her dreams and thinking 5 years in the future
- Wanting to continue doing the work she is doing
- Loving South African House music
- Follow Dora on Spotify
- Final word of advice to encourage other women to get running
Last Pick Athletics Club (LPAC) was created by and for individuals who want to change the way they look at exercise and fitness.
Ultra Black Running - Celebrating and championing Black women and Black non-binary people in Trail running and beyond.