Beth in her own words….
I’ve traveled a lot and have had what many would consider some pretty adventurous trips.
I’ve completed (twice) the 25-day, 220-mile Snowman Trek in Bhutan (one of the most difficult treks in the world), climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro and reached the top at 19,341 feet, finished marathons in Hawaii, Tokyo, Portland and Seattle.
I ran my first marathon at 50, ran five marathons that year (including two back-to-back marathons where one was an ultra at 31 miles), ran the Seattle Quadzilla (four marathons in four days) and have qualified for the Boston Marathon twice.
I’m currently working on my next book, Be Bold: Discover Your Best Self Through Travel and Adventure.
I’ve also written a guide For Women Traveling to India.
In 2019, I ran the Epic5 Ultra (5 ultras in 5 days on 5 Hawaiian islands).
In 2020, I am running the 4 Deserts which consists of running 155 miles over six days in four deserts–the Gobi, the Namib, the Atacama and Antarctica.
- Where her love of travel came from
- Being inspired by the National Geographic
- Growing up in New Jersey, USA
- Starting to travel while in college
- Travelling to India for her first big trip
- Wanting to move closer to Asia
- Bringing a unique perspective on female solo travel
- Being able to be alone for long periods of time
- Travelling in the 90s
- Not having structure while travelling
- Starting her website in 2006
- Encouraging other women to travel solo
- Starting a tour company
- Having the opportunity to lead a tour to Bhutan
- Fears of travel
- Victim blaming
- The kindness of strangers
- The places she goes back to over and over again
- Getting into running
- Staring running at 45/46
- Training for the Snowman trek in Bhutan
- The limiting stories we tell ourselves
- Deciding to run her first marathon at 50!
- Running 4 marathons in 4 days
- Running Epic 5 - 5 - 50k on 5 different islands
- What the Snowman Trek was like! - 220 miles, 25 day trek in Bhutan
- The physical and mental challenges of the trek
- Getting use to the repetition of the journey
- How it changes when you are responsible for a group of people of the trek
- How journalling helped
- Why you have to keep on moving forward and to keep a good attitude.
- Epic 5 Ultra 2019
- The 4 Deserts Race in 2020
- Be Bold….
- Expectations versus reality..
- Training for the 4 deserts race - with the fist race happening in April 2020
- She’s Bold Podcast
- Final words of advice from Beth
Personal Website - https://wanderlustandlipstick.com
Website Wander Tours- https://wandertours.com
Be Bold Podcast - http://beboldpodcast.com
Facebook - @ShesBoldPodcast
Instagram - @wandergal @bethwhitwa