Anna Blackwell - The Going-on of an Adventurer! Walking 500 and 1000 miles across France and Spain along ancient pilgrimage routes
Anna is a 24-year-old adventurer who has a love of the great outdoors and pushing her limits. This has led her to completing a series of adventures over the last few years: trekking across the wilderness of arctic Sweden with just reindeer for company, walking 500 and 1000 miles across France and Spain along ancient pilgrimage routes, summiting the highest peak in North Africa, and hitch-hiking to Morocco (amongst plenty of others!)
2017 has been a slightly unusual year for her as she’s been working full-time for the majority of it, but she’s still found time for some fun, whether in the form of tackling my first 4000m mountain in North Africa, attempts at trekking in Arctic Norway, or just setting up her bivvy bag to sleep under the stars on a hillside in Oxfordshire!
- Finishing university
- Not being sporty but loving the outdoors
- Camping with her Dad
- Hating the Duke of Edinburgh
- What changed?
- Dropping out of uni and travelling solo
- Figuring out what she wanted to do with her life
- Deciding what adventures to go on
- Why walking 500 miles wasn’t enough of a challenge
- Deciding to walk 1000 miles
- Not doing that much planning and throwing herself into it
- Not needing all the stuff she had
- The lifestyle
- Getting up at 4.30 in the morning to catch the sunrise
- Coming to the end of her first adventure
- Not living in the past
- Being underwhelmed by the finish
- Thinking about what she was going to do next!
- Getting through the challenging sections
- Know yourself - know your body
- Getting away from it all - including the people
- Deep thinking - Deep Questions
- Kindle - Camera - Journal
- Remaining positive through out the bad weather
- What’s next?! April 2018…. The Plan
- Having an adventure mindset
- Advice for you!