- Lucy introduces herself and why she decided to join the Royal Navy as a Warfare Officer
- Her first introduction to boxing and why she loved it from the start
- Being the only female boxer on board and training with the guys
- Why women’s boxing was banned and she wasn’t allowed to compete at the Navy Championships
- Having the ban on women boxing being over-turned and her first fight for the Women’s National Finals
- Handling the negativity that comes from being a female boxer
- Remembering back to her first time of getting into the ring to fight
- Why the nerves disappear as soon as the bell goes
- Fighting at the The National Championships and what she learnt from losing
- How failure has helped her in her career
- Understanding more about weight categories and why it does matter
- Getting female boxers into the olympics and how it happened in London 2012
- Having to retire from the GB Squad and why the Olympics was bitter sweet
- Deciding on which weight category to go for and how she made the decision
- The impact on her life and how she continued to train to be on the GB squad
- Retiring from boxing and why she had to listen to her body
- Looking back over the past few years and what she learnt from that time period
- Advice for women about boxing and why you should go for it!
- The women boxers at Rio and the rumours about the weight category changing for Tokyo 2020
- Starting a boxing club - Poseidon
Lucy’s Blog - https://punchingthrough.com
Come and say hi to me on twitter @_TOUGH_GIRL
A massive thank you to everyone who has become a patron! You too can support the Tough Girl Podcast from $2 to $5 per month! CLICK HERE!
20th August - Tough Girl Tribe Trip to Snowdonia
27th - 31st August - Emma & Sarah - Hadrians Wall Adventure
1st - 4th September - Base Camp Festival, Peak District
Take a listen to these related podcast episodes…
Don’t forget to subscribe so you never miss an episode!
Visit www.toughgirlchallenges.com for more information!