This episode has been sponsored by Four Athletics - for a 20% discount use the promo code ToughGirl20!
Jules is currently based in the UAE, she was the first female to start an adventure & travel company in the Middle East. After climbing her first mountain when she was 40, she decided to create Mountain High. For the past 13 years, she has been leading expeditions around the world, writing books, and giving motivational talks.
During this podcast Jules talks about the following:-
- Jules introduces herself and tells us how Mountain High came about
- Climbing her first mountain when she turned 40 and how it changed the direction of her life.
- Why age is a lifestyle and not just a number
- Her 40th birthday and the importance of “Zero Limit Birthdays”
- Why climbing mountains can be a great metaphor for life
- The “mountain high” moment and how it took her a year to gain the courage to start her company
- Trekking to base camp at Everest
- Advice and tips around courage and why courage is like a muscle you need to exercise and use on a regular basis.
- Why you have to know your - WHY!!
- Her first Arctic Expedition with 18 other women and what she learnt about her place in the world.
- Training a team of breast cancer survivors for a dragon boat race
- Visiting Tibet and being at high altitude.
- The success factor and the psychology of success
- The way of the Warrior!
- Tips & advice for starting off in meditation.
- Jules shares more about her daily routine and her rituals to help her achieve her goals.
- The Power of Three - Her mind, body & spirit.
- Dealing with FEAR - False Evidence Appearing Real - What are your fears?
- Writing her first book - Moving Mountains Discover the Mountain in You
To learn more about Jules - Please visit her personal website or her company website.
Jules is also on twitter @mountainhighme
A massive thank you to everyone who has become a patron! You too can support the Tough Girl Podcast from as little as $2 to $5 per month! CLICK HERE!
You can listen to the Tough Girl Podcast on iTunes, Soundcloud & Stitcher!
Thank you to Four Athletics for their sponsorship!