Tough Girl - Jade Paveley a professional sports car driver for Mazda Motors UK & competing independently in the Motorsport New MSV Championship for 2015/16.
Jade introduces herself and shares more about how she got her start in racing!
We also discuss:
- How her Dad pushed her from a young age to try new things and purposefully put her in situations to challenge her!
- Racing karts at 15 years old and how she found it at that age.
- Moving from karts to race cars when she was 17.
- The differences between racing verses driving on the roads!
- Why self belief is so important not just for racing but life in general - and how you just have to get on with it.
- Explaining the difference between racing and rallying.
- Are women bad drivers?!
- The experience of racing, the highs, the lows, the crashes, the adrenaline and the danger!
- Top tips for getting over her nerves before the start of races.
- Working closely with her navigator, Sarah while rallying and why team work and communication are so important!
- Why its important to look to where you want to go!
- Describing how endurance races work and what some of the tactics are!
- Why fitness is so important, the training she does to keep her in the best physical condition and how that helps her concentration and focus.
- Understanding how formula one works and why there are no female racers.
- Sponsorship for women in the motorsport industry - and why being a female in a male dominated sport has helped her.
- Top tips for driving & why following the speed limits on the roads are important!
- Jade’s career highlights so far, and her goals for the future.
You can follow Jade on Twitter @JadePaveley and like her Facebook page Jade Paveley Racing. I’m also on twitter @_TOUGH_GIRL
The Tough Girl Blog has reached the finals of the UK Blog Awards 2016! Check out the blog to learn more about the inspirational women on the Tough Girl Podcast. You can also be kept unto date with my training for the toughest footrace on earth - The Marathon des Sables, which I’ll be running in April 2016!
To be kept unto date on Tough Girl Challenges - Come and follow the Facebook page. Click HERE!