Belinda has worked on numerous major international expeditions over the last 22 years; as a diver, field biologist, expedition leader, expedition manager, and award winning adventure film-maker.
She founded Explorers Connect with the belief, “there is an explorer in everyone and adventure is one of the best things in life”. Her goals are to; inspire and support the adventure community through collaboration and connections.
- Having a wild childhood and growing up feral on a small island
- How the Duke of Edinburgh Award changed the direction of her life
- Making the decision when she was 18 years old to spend a year working and traveling in Africa
- Dealing with the challenges that Africa threw her way and why she decided to continue travelling
- Why heading off to Africa on her own was the best decision she ever made
- Leadership skills and what makes a good leader
- Her rowing challenge around Great Britain and getting a Guinness World Record at the same time
- Why she decided on this rowing challenge and why she needed to do something that she could fail at
- Why she set up Explorers Connect
- Advice about money and funding for expeditions
- The adventure industry and how it has changed over the years
- Why women are changing the adventure industry slowly and what you can do to help to keep the momentum going
- Final words of advice to inspire you to go on your own adventure and why you need to start now!!!
Say hi to Belinda on twitter @ExplorersTweet - I’m also on twitter @_TOUGH_GIRL
Help the Tough Girl Podcast get to 100,000 downloads by 4th August 2016! - Tell your friends about the Tough Girl Podcast!!! Share these inspirational stories!