During this podcast we also discuss how she was the first person to bum board from over 8,000 metres, a title she gained on Cho Oyu, the 6th highest mountain in the world. Squash has also summited Aconcagua, Mustagata and Mount Everest.
Squash is a fantastic speaker and very passionate about sharing her stories and adventures. One of the many things you’ll learn on this podcast is how by having the right attitude every one of us can achieve incredible things.
We also discuss:
- How it all started for Squash, and making the decision when she was younger to try as many life experiences as possible.
- Her first big mountain attempt in South America - Aconcagua. Learning as she climbed and how she started to challenge herself both physically and mentally
“Whats to lose? What's the worst that can happen? Am I prepared to live the rest of my life this way?”
- Being open to opportunities and being ready to take advantage of them
- The challenges she faced while climbing Mustagata, from dealing with death on the mountain, to horrendous weather conditions and deciding when to turn back
- Advice for dealing with emotionally challenging situations and how deciding to go after your dreams can be hard
- How she deals with failure and why she says it’s not important and why its, your decision on how to look at failure
- Her adventure on Cho Oyu - the 6th highest mountain in the world
- Learning how to paraglide
- How by sheer determination she rode a motorbike from the UK to the foot of Mount Blanc, before summiting and then flying from the top!
“Fear can focus you”
- Remaining calm while falling off the mountain and what she learnt from that experience
- How the challenge of climbing Mount Everest came about, and how she dealt with the negativity from friends when she told them about it
- Finding her own pace on the mountain and how she used her time alone to think about the challenge ahead and to prepare herself.
- How she found a deeper level of mental and emotional strength, when she had nothing left to give which helped to get her off the mountain safe
- Tips & advice to help you achieve your goals - “If your knickers are right, your day goes right!”
Learn more about Squash by visiting her website - Come and say hello to Squash on twitter @SquashFalconer . I’m also on twitter @_TOUGH_GIRL
If you’ve enjoyed this episode please share with a friend! Help to spread the word about the Tough Girl Podcast!
The Tough Girl Blog has reached the finals of the UK Blog Awards 2016! Check out the blog to learn more about the inspirational women on the Tough Girl Podcast and be kept unto date with my training for the toughest footrace on earth - The Marathon des Sables, which I’ll be running in April 2016!
To be kept unto date on Tough Girl Challenges - Come and follow the Facebook page. Click HERE!