Rav is a mum of 3 teenagers and works as a management consultant.
Rav only found running later on in life when she was in her late 30’s. She started running to prove a point to someone who said she couldn’t run. Rav soon realised that fitness initiatives such as Park Run and races just weren’t for her.
Her joy for running came from the solitude and peace she found while on an empty trail or a calm street.
Rav now runs for fun, for her mental well being and to keep fit. In 2022 she completed a goal she had had for 20 years - running the London Marathon.
Rav is currently on a run streak where she has been running outside every day for almost 5 years. She is also training for her next challenge: a 32 mile / 52k Ultra Marathon in the Peak District taking place in the Summer of 2023!
“Find what makes you happy. Do more of it”
New episodes of the Tough Girl Podcast go live every Tuesday and Thursday at 7am UK time - Subscribe so you don’t miss out.
The Tough Girl Podcast is being sponsored throughout March by Inov-8. www.inov-8.com
Get involved with the #MarchDailyMile Challenge. Run 1 mile everyday in March.
- Who is Rav
- 42 year old, mum of 3 teenagers
- Celebrating her 5 year run streak in March 2023
- Her early years and growing up in a strict Indian family
- Not being sporty
- Being pushed down the academic route
- Deciding to join a gym
- Getting her first pair of trainers when she was 36
- Joining a hotel gym and going at night
- Getting into swimming
- Starting her IG account to document her fitness journey
- Buying trainers
- The motivation behind wanting to run
- Wanting to prove people wrong
- Not wanting to be seen in public
- Deciding to run outside on the 17th May 2017
- Doing a 12 week fitness challenge which involved running 200 miles
- Setting running goals
- RED January
- The power of spending 30 mins outside each day
- Meeting Scott who was run streaking
- How the purpose of the run streak has changed since she started
- Motivating herself to run on the tough days
- London Marathon 26.2 miles
- Dealing with imposter syndrome
- Having social anxiety while running and not being able to do park run
- Getting a plan in places for races
- Running plans being stopped due to covid and doing the virtual London Marathon
- Doing 9 virtual marathons in 12 weeks
- Finding the training hard when running 18 miles+
- Joining a fitness program - Six Pack Revolution
- Not being able to run the London Marathon in 2021
- Dealing with injury and the recovery process while still running every day
- Losing her running confidence
- The unofficial running community!
- Getting over her mental block when running longer distances
- Getting her running confidence back and starting to work with a running coach
- Dealing with the fear of getting injured again
- The start line of the London Marathon 2022
- Being a glam runner - hot pink lipstick and shades!
- Being supported by friends
- Wanting to make the most of the day
- The toughest part of the race and struggling around mile 16 and mile 24
- Not wanting to do another road marathon again
- How to connect with Rav
- Top tips and advice to help you get out running