Vedangi Kulkarni was born and raised in India and currently lives in the UK.
She’s an adventurer, endurance athlete, writer, expedition/project manager and a business owner. She loves organising mountain biking and bike-packing events, managing a million projects simultaneously and talking to a ton of new people.
In 2018, she rode 29,000km around the world in 160 days, mostly solo and unsupported, at the age of 19/20, becoming the youngest woman to circumnavigate the globe on bike.
She’s always keen for an adventure, be it cold water swimming, long distance hiking or cycling, climbing, mountain biking, skiing or travelling through remote places.
On her most recent expedition, she skied across Svalbard.
Her happy place is anywhere outside, in the wild, and on the move. She tells stories from her adventures both digitally (through her social media channels) and through in-person events.
When she isn't out and about, you can find her reading non-fiction books or writing something in one of her million Moleskine notebooks.
You can listen to Vedangi on the Tough Girl Podcast, new episodes go live every Tuesday at 7am UK time - Subscribe so you don’t miss out.
Support the mission to increase the amount of female role models in the media especially in relation to adventure and physical challenges. Visit www.patreon.com/toughgirlpodcast
- Who is Vedangi
- Moving to Inverness in 2022
- Cycling daily and taking up mountain biking
- Mountain biking and how it’s helped with her confidence
- Imposter syndrome
- Blog post - “I shouldn’t be here”
- Becoming more ambition especially in the world of adventure
- New book coming soon - why people need adventure
- Feeling selfish while doing adventures
- Book: SOLO: What running across mountains taught me about life By Jenny Tough
- Starting to organise adaptive mountain biking races in the UK
- Mountain Biking Race 12th - 13th November 2022 - “MTB4ALL” is a downhill race series where our aim is to make racing fun. Whether you're a first time racer or a pro, we've got something for you!
- Wanting to get more women racing mountain bikes
- Arranging a series of events in 2023 for women in mountain biking
- Wanting to help build women’s self esteem in mountain biking
- Working on improving her mountain biking skills
- Heading to Svalbard in April 2022
- The Trans Arctic Expedition
- Speaking with Antarctic Logistics & Expeditions
- Helen Turton - Newland Expeditions
- Visa challenges
- Sponsorship for Svalbard
- Sharing a tent with Helen & Ellen Piercy
- Reflections from the experience
- Dealing with the cold and learning patience
- Tent life
- The plan for the Trans Arctic Expedition
- Just Around The Corner — exploring the best of the South West by bike
- How to connect with Vedangi
- Final words of advice