In this podcast we talk about:
- How Megan first got into Judo and what she loves about it.
- Taking it to the next step and deciding to train full time
- How Judo built her internal self confidence
- Why she wants to be the best in the world
- Jumping from a green belt to a black belt at 15 years old
- The grading route verses the competitive route
- Coping with being diagnosed with OCD at a young age
- How her OCD impacted on her Judo
- Competing at the Cadet Europeans
- How it works at Judo competitions
- The four main ways you can win in Judo
- The struggle to win and perform at a junior level
- How she needed to change her judo style to become a better athlete
- Keeping the faith and not giving up when she wasn’t getting the results
- Preparation for the Commonwealth Games
- “The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday”
- Why you need to focus on YOU!
- Facing her nemesis! - Sally Conway in the semi-finals of the Commonwealth Games 2014
- Getting over her own mental block of being able to beat Sally
- Do you attack or defend - what are the pro/cons?
- Why the right decisions are sometimes the hardest
- Why she dedicated her Gold Medal to her coach - Don Werner
- The tactics she thinks about when she steps onto the mat
- Why you should go and give judo a try!
- Surviving the arm bar from Ronda Rousey!
- Her future….. UFC fighter or teacher?
Give a shout out to Megan on Twitter @megs_feltcher1
For more inspirational stories from women overcoming challenges go and check out the Tough Girls on the Tough Girl Podcast at toughgirlchallenges.com
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Tough Girl Podcast for more fantastic episodes.
On Thursday I’ll be speaking with Arctic Explorer, Felicity Aston MBE about her Guinness World Record, when she became the first women to ski alone across Antarctic in 2012.