Learn more about Jo and how she changed her life to became a mountaineer and expedition leader.
During this podcast we get to experience Jo’s adventures around the world. From cycling in Peru, to climbing Kilimanjaro, Manaslu & Everest.
Jo shares with us, how one challenge eleven years ago changed her life, she also shares how she overcame her fear of heights and switching her thinking, from negative to positive thoughts. Jo provides advice and tips to help you overcome your own personal fears.
We also discuss;
- What it’s like being at altitude and what altitude sickness is and how it impacts the body
- Explaining more about Kilimanjaro and what makes it’s such a challenge, and why its so phenomenal. We discuss the routes, and why you can never tell who'll make it and who won’t
- Why having the right attitude is so important for everything you do
- Top tips for climbing Kilimanjaro and why fitness is so important!
- What it’s like walking to Everest Base Camp and the atmosphere when you get there
- The dangers of Everest and why it’s a scary challenge. What it was like being on Everest while the earthquake struck in 2015, dealing with the destruction, death and how she thought it was all over.
- How’s she training for Everest this year and why she’s more relaxed about it
- Sharing her experience of being one the few British Women to reach the true summit of Manaslu - the worlds 8th highest mountain.
- Learning about ice fields and why it’s one of the most dangerous part of climbing Everest.
- Tips you can use and take away to help you face your fears, and how you can approach and overcome problems.
If you want to support Jo and her charity work - Check out - Place2Be & Support4Sherpas
Learn more about Jo and the different challenges she’s done via her website.
You can follow Jo on twitter @29029feet I'm also on twitter @_TOUGH_GIRL.
If you’ve enjoyed this episode then please tell a friend and share on your social media. Help to spread the word about the Tough Girl Podcast!