Sian Lewis is an award-winning travel and outdoors journalist and blogger who writes for titles including The Independent, Evening Standard, BBC Countryfile and Coast. She is also the editor of Active Traveller and Snow magazines. Her work as an adventurous writer has taken her around the world in the name of a good story and she also edits award-winning blog The Girl Outdoors, www.thegirloutdoors.co.uk, which encourages women to get outside and get adventuring. Her first book, The Girl Outdoors, was published by Bloomsbury in 2018.
- Who is Sian
- What life was like growing up
- Being encouraged to follow her passions from a young age
- Studying Italian at University
- Doing a Masters in Journalism
- Starting up her blog - The Girl Outdoors
- Being a Pioneer in the women’s adventure space
- How her blog was also her CV
- Getting her 2nd job in journalism
- Editing for Active Traveller Magazine
- Turning the blog into a full time blog or not?
- The type of content Sian likes to write
- Adventures that fit into her life
- Living in Bristol
- Her struggle with big mountains and altitude
- Doing volunteering with British Exploring Society
- Wilderness First Aid
- The Book - The Girl Outdoors: The Wild Girl's Guide to Adventure, Travel and Wellbeing
- Advice for women who are lacking confidence in the outdoors
- Wild swimming and being inspired by her grandmother
- Swimming in Arctic, Scandinavian waters!
- Gym life?
- Needing to work out most days
- How to keep fit while travelling
- Coming back from a month of travelling
- Spending time at home
- 2 weeks in Alaska
- Quick Fire Questions