2013 - Ladies British National Champion at Double Ironman!
2015 - RAAM - 12 days 9 hours and 12 mins to become the first British Women to do so and the 37th women ever!
- Growing up on a farm and not being sporty or outdoorsy, but getting use to cycling as she had to cycle everywhere
- Taking up football when she went to university
- Moving to London and trying to fit in health and fitness at the same time
- Jumping straight into triathlon from football
- Liking to challenge herself
- What she liked about triathlon
- The Double Ironman! With ENDUROMAN
- Times for Ironman
- Becoming the Ladies’ British National Champion in 2013
- Dealing with sleep deprivation
- The finish of Enduroman and why it’s special
- The 24 hour time trail and not realising the significance of the event
- Why she would never do it again
- Qualifying for RAAM - Race Across America
- Why her strength is endurance and not speed
- Her mental strength to just keep on going
- Growing up knowing there was nothing she couldn’t do and why she doesn’t believe in “can’t”
- Being inspired by her dad
- Still dealing with doubts
- RAAM - 2014 - time trail - Racing from the West coast to the East coast of America
- The worlds toughest supported cycle race
- 3,000 miles in 12 days and 21 hours for women - 232 mile a day for women
- Preparing herself for RAAM and why only 5% of the race is to do with cycling
- Sleeping less than 2 hours a day for 12 days
- Falling asleep on her bike, coming off her bike and breaking her collar bone
- What she learned from the 2014 race and how she applied it to her 2015 race
- Preparing for the trans continental race in Europe for 2017
- Being able to emotionally detach while cycling
- Listening to music, podcasts and listening to audio books (The millennium Trilogy)
- Being inspired by stories from climbing mountains
- Swimming from the UK to the US!! (The 3k Virgin Island swim)
- Loving running when she should be cycling
- Running in Cyprus and why she loves trail running
- Liking sleep and going for 8 hours a night
- Feeling drained, which she think is linked to her diet
- Making the change from vegetarian to vegan
- Her final words of advice and why you should go an crew for someone doing a challenge
- Being Crew Chief for Jasminjn Muller LEJOG attempt
- How she met Jasmijn!
Twitter - @shupillinger
Website - http://shupillinger.info
Feeling inspired week after week?
You can do 3 easy things to help me continue to grow the podcast!
- Subscribe to the podcast in iTunes, so you won’t miss a single episode
- If you’re loving the podcast, please leave a 5-star review on iTunes! I read every single comment!
- Share the podcast with your friends, especially if you think it could help them, and spread the #ToughGirlPodcast love.
Your support helps me continue to grow the podcast and do inspiring things in this space! Already done all 3? You’re a rockstar! Thank you!
Want to do more?
Please become a Patron and donate a small fixed amount every month to help fund the runnings costs.