Shona's most herself when she's moving outdoors - paying attention to and connecting with beauty. She works as a counsellor and a life coach. She lives a simple and contented life in the highlands of Scotland, sprinkled with adventures.
Shona has shared her passion for the outdoors on previous episodes of the tough girl podcast.
You can listen to those episodes here.
New episodes of the Tough Girl Podcast go live every Tuesday at 7am UK time - Make sure to subscribe so you don’t miss out.
- Who is Shona
- Living in Inverness
- Woking as a counsellor and a life coach
- Her passion for connecting with other people and the natural world
- First speaking with Shona on Jul 9, 2019 - Taking on new challenges at 40 & her preparation for thru hiking the Pacific Crest Trail
- Catching up with Shona after completing the PCT - Dec 26, 2019 - Hiking the Pacific Crest Trail - 2,650 miles SOBO from Canada to Mexico!
- Catch up - what’s been going on
- Reflecting back on 2020
- Making a commitment to herself to work as a counsellor again
- Getting out of her own way
- 2020/2021 - deciding to take on a new challenge
- Deciding to climb all 282 munros across Scotland in 282 days
- Climbing Suilven with Shona - watch the vlog
- The challenges of mountaineering in the winter
- Not knowing if she could do it
- Starting to think what’s possible
- When things don’t work out how you planned
- Dealing with the difficult days
- Why it’s about the journey
- Planning the adventure
- Embracing flexibility
- Doing the Highland Wilderness Journeys - with Anna Danby
- Anna Danby Wild Roots Highland Guiding
- Walking the Te Araroa Trail in New Zealand
- Winding down life in Scotland
- Renting out her house while she’s away
- Getting the right gear - new rucksack and sleeping bag
- RAB Mythic 400
- Road walking and hitchhiking
- Wanting to enjoy photography and wiring while in nature
- Giving herself permission
- Living a life of adventure and living a life of freedom
- Connecting to people through her work
- Saying no to things
- Documenting the journey while on the TA
- How to connect with Shona
- Inviting people to get curious - what do they want? How do they want to live?
- Being inspired by Mary Oliver - “Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?”