Shadi is co-founder of a community interest company SHAPE Hampshire which provides Mind, Body and Education support to Hampshire Schools.
Shadi is the founder of Team GC, leading expeditions and challenge experiences which have enabled her to raise thousands of pounds for charitable causes.
Shadi has a passion for education and loves working with children, sharing tales of her remote adventures.
She runs a series of inspirational talks to schools, communities and businesses. Shadi is a fellow of the Royal Geographic Society.
Future challenge - The BIG North Pole Sea Ice Research expedition 2022
“Every experience provides us with an opportunity to grow and make a difference”. — Shadi Ganjavian-Connor
New episodes of the Tough Girl Podcast go live every Tuesday and Thursday at 7am UK time - Make sure you hit the subscribe button so you don’t miss out.
The Tough Girl Podcast is sponsorship and ad free thanks to the monthly financial support of patrons. To find out more about supporting your favourite podcast and becoming a patron please check out www.patreon.com/toughgirlpodcast
- Living in the South Coast of England
- Her former life
- Wanting to make a change in her life
- Discovering her passion for the outdoors
- Living with the Bedouin for 6 years
- Having 2 children
- Undertaking personal challenges which push her limits
- Growing up and being a rule breaker
- Living in multiple countries while growing up
- Being able to make friends easily and learning how to fit in and adapt to new situations
- Having a supportive family and a safety net
- Being encouraged to go for it
- Wanting to take more risks in her life
- Being scared of the ocean and facing her fear
- Learning how to scuba dive in Egypt
- Starting a family and having to re-evaluate life
- How having children impacted on her desire to go on adventures
- Wanting to be a role model for the children
- Doing expeditions for charity
- Getting into mountaineering
- Climbing Mount Blanc
- Figuring out what to do next
- Loving the mental side of the challenge
- Her routines and habits and setting herself up each day
- Working with a sports psychologist
- Being vulnerable and relying on other people
- Needing to know what is going on
- Dealing with exhaustion
- The BIG North Pole Sea Ice Research expedition 2022
- Her plans for dealing with the cold weather
- The cost of the expedition and finalising the funding
- Training and getting physical ready for the challenge
- Role models and being inspired by her friends
- Going with the flow….
- Why the first step is saying YES!!
- Final words of advice to motivate and inspire you
TeamGC - Educate, Collaborate and Dare to be Different. Collaborating with schools, charities and ethical partners. Inspiring others to push their personal safety barometer a few degrees and living on the edge of their comfort zone.