Sensi Graves is a professional kiteboarder, entrepreneur, speaker, kiteboarding instructor and writer. In 2007, she tentatively signed up for a kiteboarding lesson in North Carolina’s Outer Banks and immediately fell in love. Just two years later, she applied to be a kiteboarding coach, relocated to the East Coast, and started collecting accolades. The Hood River, Oregon, local regularly places in the top three at some of the biggest international kiteboarding invitationals, garners continuous coverage in kiteboarding magazines, and leads women's kiteboarding retreats worldwide.
In 2012, Sensi launched her eponymous swimwear label, Sensi Graves Bikinis
, to meet the demands of her sport. The Mission - To empower women to get out there and do what they love by giving them the confidence they need and swimwear they can rely on. The values: create an awesome product, empower women in sports & protect the environment.
“This big, beautiful life is meant to be lived and we do so with an open heart, an adventurous spirit and a smile on our faces. When all else fails, we laugh and have a margarita.” - Sensi Graves
- Who is Sensi
- What life was like growing up
- Moving to San Diego to go to college
- Learning how to kite board
- Falling in love with the sport
- What kiteboarding is
- Deciding to become a professional
- “Eat, sleep, dream - Kiteboarding”
- Surrounding herself with people who were on the same path
- Making money from kiteboarding
- Starting her own bikini company
- Gaining confidence in kiteboarding
- Dealing with imposter syndrome
- Keeping going after set backs
- Why you don’t always need to keep on pushing
- Celebrate the effort, celebrating trying.
- Re-visit your WHY
- Why there isn’t a typical day or week
- Learning systems and how to allocate out time
- Getting her morning routine dialled in.
- Top tips and getting sponsorship
- The power of relationships
- Dealing with challenges and setbacks
- Encouraging women to get in the water
- Equality in the sport
- Keeping motivated
- How can we actually make a change
- Sharing stories and highlighting the stories of women
- Final words of motivation