Hey hey, it's Sarah Williams, your host from the Tough Girl Podcast, and today we're diving into something a bit different.
In this special solo episode, I'll take you through my personal journey, looking back on the end of 2022 to the adventures and challenges of 2023, and my exciting plans ahead.
I'll share highlights like my journey to the Outer Hebrides, health changes, and unexpected twists like catching COVID while in Australia. Plus, insights into projects like Project 7, and "7 Women - 7 Challenges”.
Discover how I navigated an empty diary, contemplated future adventures, and decided on my next big challenge—the Camino de Santiago. You'll also hear about changes in the vlogging format and deciding between hiking and fastpacking the PCT.
Plus, insights into how I choose my adventures, my favourite one so far, and the vision board guiding my future goals.
Join me on this adventure and get inspired to set your own goals and chase your dreams.
Thanks for being part of the Tough Girl Podcast community, and don't hesitate to share your thoughts, questions, and comments!
Don't miss out on the latest episodes of the Tough Girl Podcast, released every Tuesday at 7am UK time! Be sure to hit the subscribe button to stay updated on the incredible journeys and stories of strong women.
By supporting the Tough Girl Podcast on Patreon, you can make a difference in increasing the representation of female role models in the media, particularly in the world of adventure and physical challenges. Your contribution helps empower and inspire others. Visit www.patreon.com/toughgirlpodcast to be a part of this important movement. Thank you for your invaluable support!
- Welcome from Sarah
- Why it’s a different episode from normal
- Set the scene
- Late August/September 2022
- Going on an adventure with Adelaide Goodeve
- Outer Hebrides - Watch the Vlogs
- Sponsored by Hiiker
- Adding on future hikes - Speyside Way, Moray Coast Trail, East Highland Way
- Gut health issues and not being well in October
- Starting a wheat and dairy free diet
- Flying to Australia at the beginning of November
- Catching Covid
- Walking the highest 14 peaks in Australia - Cancelled
- Walking in the Grampians with Debbie & CC
- Project 7 - resources on the website - update
- January - walking the Great Ocean Walk with Amanda
- February - Goa, India - yoga, rest & recover
- What was going to happen when I got back to the UK
- Having an empty diary and no plans
- Trying to figure out future plans - Sarah Goes to the Shetlands? South West Coastal Path (SWCP)? Pacific Crest Trail (PCT) South Bound (SOBO)?
- National Outdoor Expo - 2023 - networking and generating leads
- Getting out there and doing what you love
- Deciding to do the Camino de Santiago - watch the vlogs
- The things that people don’t talk about
- Booking accommodation on the camino - booking.com and caminosleep.com
- Booking a return flight or not?
- Walking with Alex Mason
- Working with Land & Wave - Sponsoring the July podcast
- Free courses for patrons and tribe members
- Attending the Armchair Adventure Festival
- Listen to the LIVE tough girl podcast episodes now
- Heading to Bristol to stay with a friend
- Deciding to walk Offa’s Dyke Path
- Having everything scheduled out for the next 12 months
- The work I need to do between challenges
- Plans for London in September 7th - 12th
- Walking the Camino Primitivo 12th - 27th September
- Training for the TA trail, New Zealand
- Having 3 weeks at home and what I need to get done
- North Island — 1000k in 50days
- Heading to Melbourne for Christmas
- South Island - in January & February
- Home to the UK in March 2024
- The numbers and using them as a measurement tool
- Hitting 4 million downloads in 2024?
- Changing the vlogging format to 2 days per vlog
- New vlogs every Wednesday and Friday at 7am UK - Tough Girl Youtube Channel
- Why I focus on creating content
- Patreon update - learn more
- A massive thank you to all the patrons
- Challenges I’m working through at the moment
- Editing vlogs
- Hiking or fastpacking the PCT?
- Testing out fast packing on the Camino Via De La Plata (100km) April 2024
- Running on some of my challenges
- Book: Multi-Day Running Adventures - Fastpacking - Tips, Stories and Route Ideas By Lily Dyu
- Youtube Shorts?
- How do you choose your adventures?
- Being inspired by the guests on the podcast
- Favourite Adventure?
- Feeling as though everything is coming together
- Creating my vision board for adventures
- The Pink Decade (2015 - 2025)
- Future goals - The Triple Crown, Walked all 7 Camino’s, The UK National Trails
- Feeling adventure driven
- Future plans for 2024
- #ChallengeWithZoleo - solo podcast episode focused on planning and preparation - 2nd November
- National Outdoor Expo - 23rd - 24th March 2024?
- Looking for new sponsors
- Fastpacking the Camino and doing YouTube Shorts
- 2024 will be 7 years since "7 women - 7 Challenges”
- UK based May - July 15th
- Fastpacking the PCT SOBO - doing a UK National Trail beforehand?
- Insight to what’s going on
- Avoiding wheat….
- Feedback, questions, comments?
- Thank you