During this episode, I reflect back on the final 6 months of 2021 and the beginning of 2022.
I really enjoy doing the solo reflection episodes as it is an opportunity to look back on what's been achieved and where we currently are at the moment with regards to the Tough Girl Podcast, what I'm doing personally and where I expect to see the business go over the following 6 to 12 months.
It also gives me an opportunity to answer any questions that patrons or members of the Tough Girl Tribe have.
During this episode I talk more about the Wales Coast Path and go into detail about money. How I afford to travel and go on adventures.
I also share more about my future plans which will be taking place in 2022 and what I hope will happen in 2023
I hope you enjoy this episode. New episodes of the Tough Girl Podcast go live every Tuesday at 7am UK time - Hit the subscribe button so you don’t miss out.
Support the mission to increase the amount of female role models in the media especially in relation to adventure and physical challenges. Visit www.patreon.com/toughgirlpodcast
and subscribe - super quick and easy to do and it makes a massive difference. Thank you.
- Welcome to the episode
- What this episode is about
- Where I am at the moment
- What you can expect
- Why I do these episodes
- Bringing you on the journey with me
- Being committed to the journey
- What’s been going on
- Stats from the Tough Girl Podcast - Aug 2021
- October 2021 - 28,000 downloads
- What am I doing wrong, how can I improve
- 2021 - Average of 45k - 50k per month
- January 2022 - 90,753 downloads in 1 month
- 2022 - Average of 77K per month
- Hitting 2 million downloads 2nd Feb 2022
- Working with Playstation and Glamour Magazine
- What happened in March 2022 - Inov-8 and the March Daily Mile challenge, Sky Sports - International Women’s Day
- New challenge with cicerone - Wales Coast Path in 2022 in 50 days
- Having a structure and having a plan
- What happened in Aug 2021 - December 2021
- Reflecting back on the Tough Girl UK Adventure Series
- Celebrating my 40th Birthday and visiting the tough girl mural in Liverpool
- Special Birthday episode with Zoe Langley Wathern - Why so many women are scared to adventure and recognising our female role models with Sarah Williams
- Doing the Great Glen Way in a day - 77 miles in 2 days
- 40 miles to celebrate my 40th - Youtube vlog -
- Figuring out how to edit my adventures vlogs and working with a new editor
- Finding an editor - splitting the Tough Girl Youtube Revenue Split
- Working with Sharon in New Zealand - @freewheelingkiwi
- Working with Georgia in Scotland @georgia.mercedes and Katy from the UK @tinytealtrekker
- Wanting to walk the PCT and vlog it at the same time. Trying to figuring out how to do it….
- Oct/Nov/Dec 2021 - Recording and editing podcasts
- Christmas 2021 and getting covid.
- March 2022 - Sports Podcasts Awards - Winner Best Urban and Adventure Podcast 2022 - winner by public vote
- Outdoor Expo in Birmingham - highly recommend
- Walking with Arry Berresford Webb on the first day of the Wales Coast Path - starting in Chester
- Where are the public toilet in Chester?!
- Question from Dan re the Wales Coast Path
- Climbing Aconcagua January 2013
- The Altitude Centre London - Mountaineering Consultation
- What do I want to do for the next 6 months - not having any plans
- Not having a plan and feeling unsettled
- Dealing with uncertainty and focusing on fitness
- Having a nephew in November - spending 3/4 months in Australia
- Working with Inov-8 in 2023 #MarchDailyMile Challenge
- Doing an adventure with Adelaide Goodeve - helping to celebrate her 30th Birthday
- The Outer Hebrides - 156 miles - vlogging the challenge
- Doing an adventure with Gemma for 2 weeks in October
- What does the next few months look like….
- PCT - SOBO July - November 2023
- Talking about money - Question from Franny
- Having a safety net and being privileged
- Financial worries….
- Not making money
- Starting on Patreon in 2017
- Not spending money at home
- Costs of adventures and how I pay for them
- “Feeling trapped”
- What do you want your life to look like
- Journal and ask yourself the simple questions
- What can I be grateful for?
- What are the little changes you can make
- Focus on what you can control
- Updates from the last episode - DProf, Women’s Adventure Institute, Yin Yoga Qualification
- Project 7 - soft launch 7th August 2022
- Any questions please do reach out firstname.lastname@example.org or DM me on Instagram
- THANK YOU for all your support
- 1,000 episodes and 3 million downloads in 2023
- Driving change and wanting to make a difference
Take a listen to the previous solo reflections episodes