During this episode, I reflect back on the final 6 months of 2020 and the beginning of 2021.
I share more about my next challenge - the Tough Girl UK Adventure Series. Plus answer a variety of questions from patrons and members of the tough girl tribe.
I share more about what I’ve been up to during the covid months, how my goals have changed. I reflect on some of the smaller challenges, such as the #MarchDailyMile challenge with Inov-8, the 12hr walking challenges, doing 30 days of Yin Yoga and walking the Sandstone Trail (55k) in 1 day!
Follow along with - The Tough Girl UK Adventure Series is sponsored by Cicerone #ChallengeWithCicerone.
New episodes of the Tough Girl Podcast go live every Tuesday and Thursday at 7am UK time - Make sure you hit the subscribe button so you don’t miss out.
The Tough Girl Podcast is sponsorship and ad free thanks to the monthly financial support of patrons. To find out more about supporting your favourite podcast and becoming a patron please check out www.patreon.com/toughgirlpodcast
- More info about today’s episode
- Looking back over the past 12 months and looking forward to the next 6 months
- The purpose of these episodes
- Stopping to reflect on what’s been achieved
- Reflecting on May/June 2020
- Representation, diversity and inclusion
- FB post - 5th June 2020
- “Words are not enough - actions have to be taken to make change happen.”
- The actions I’ve been taking to improve the diversity on the Tough Girl Podcast
- How it works with the TGP and having to preload content
- August 2020 - milestone month - 50,270 downloads in 1 month….
- The power of the stories being heard around the world
- August 2020 - starting back at the gym with a PT
- Taking the time to think about what else I could/should be doing with my life
- Looking at doing - Doctor of Professional Studies (DProf) by Public Works at Middlesex University
- Women’s Adventure Institute - working on the vision
- Having Rosie Swale Pope come to stay for my birthday in September
- 3rd Lockdown in January 2021 and dealing with the UK Winter
- Feeling sad in February 2021
- Trying out the new Inov-8 Terra Ultra G270 Trainers to test out
- Running in March #MarchDailyMile Challenge and having a purpose
- May - Walking with Ellen Piercy #CheshireChallenge doing the Wirral Circular Trail
- June - Yin Yoga 60hrs online course - not finished yet!
- July 24th walking the Sandstone Trail (55k) in 1 day
- Having the vaccine!
- Thinking about the 6th Year Anniversary of the Tough Girl Podcast - 4th August 2021
- Looking at potentially challenges I could do in the UK…
- Reaching out to the Cicerone about sponsoring the Tough Girl UK Adventure Series
- Plans for August - Walking the Anglesea Coastal Path with Alex Mason
- Going to Run Fest Run (27th - 29th August 2021) with 2 tribe member
- Winchester being the start of The Pilgrims Way
- Heading home for my 40th Birthday
- Heading up to Scotland - going to stay with Vici Royle in Scotland
- Plans for September
- How busy the past 2 weeks have been, and being included in 3 books
- Ask An Adventure: Live Adventurously, Be Creative By Alastair Humphreys
- The Story Powered Speaker By Norman Bell
- Run Like A Girl By Danielle Brown
- Money and patrons 2021 - 259 active patrons
- Debt, Saving up for a new laptop, putting money into an emergency fund, saving for the Dprof
- Working with Protein Rebel
- Collaborating with Hazel Oakes - Muralist and Illustrator
- Facebook Live for the Tribe - 4th August 6pm
- The Tough Girl Podcast total downloads 1,782,000 - Will we reach 2 Million by the end of the year…
- Has the podcast reached a plateau? Releasing 3 episodes a week in August and September
- Being interviewing on other people’s podcasts
- Am I approachable?
- Answering Patrons & Tribe Questions
- Podcasting advice and benefits of podcasting
- Advice for supporting the Tough Girl message
- Final Summary
Take a listen to the solo reflections episodes which I’ve done over the past few years.