Preeti in her own words:
“I come from the land of beyuls, the sacred valleys according to Himalayan Buddhism, where the physical and spiritual world connect with each other.
Running through some of the most spectacular landscapes and remote regions of Nepal has made me experience that the health and wellbeing of people largely depend on the natural environment around them and vice versa.
Through my work as both an engineering consultant and trail run organizer, I try to present this experience to both Nepali and international diaspora that I get to work with.
While my company, Nepal Trail Series is at the very early stage of its operation, but it is moving ahead intentionally to bring forward both physical and spiritual experiences of my country in a running package.
The company is female-run and provides professional opportunities for rare talented strong female athletes of Nepal."
New episodes of the Tough Girl Podcast go live every Tuesday and Thursday at 7am UK time - Hit the subscribe button so you don’t miss out.
The Tough Girl Podcast is sponsorship and ad free thanks to the monthly financial support of patrons.
Support the mission to increase the amount of female role models in the media. Visit www.patreon.com/toughgirlpodcast
and subscribe - super quick and easy to do and it makes a massive difference. Thank you.
- Who is Preeti
- Being based in Nepal
- Her childhood and growing up in India
- How she ended up in Nepal
- Working as an engineer in rural areas
- Getting into running
- Becoming a race director for trail races
- Being pushed into fitness at a young age
- Seeing running in a different way
- Getting into running events in 2012
- Just wanting to finish races and enjoy it
- Remembering her first ultra in Katmandu in 2016
- Dealing with the altitude and what works for her
- Moving into multi stage ultras
- Training for ultras
- Not wanting to be a competitive runner
- Figuring out her energy management
- Having fun during races
- Running with a watch and using strava
- Food, nutrition and hydration for energy management
- Following her body and her menstral cycle
- Figuring out what works for her
- The Nepal Trail Series
- Hosting trail running camps in different regions throughout Nepal
- Advice for running taking on a multi stage trail race in Nepal
- Mantras and daily meditation
- The women who inspire Preeti
- Girls and sports in Nepal
- Mira Rai - Nepalese trail runner and sky runner.
- Noticing an increase in female runners
- Advice about being a responsible tourist in Nepal
- The Great Himalayan Trail and her dream project
- Advice and top tips for health and well being
- What Preeti name means