Thank you to all the patrons of the Tough Girl Podcast!
If you want to giveback and support the Tough Girl Podcast please become a patron.
Learn more - HERE!
Natalia Cohen has been travelling the world, living, working and exploring for the last 15 years. She has gained access and insights into an incredible variety of cultures and customs on all continents, as well as personal insights, and has charted her journey with beautiful, deeply inspiring writing and photography along the way.
Her unshakable passion for adventure has taken her to people and places that most of us can only imagine. From the Middle East to Antarctica, the villages of Africa to the colours and chaos of India, South America and the middle of the Pacific ocean, she truly is a global traveller.
Her most recent adventure led her to row across the Pacific Ocean delving deep into the mind and exploring the strength of human spirit. Her mission is to empower others to enjoy their life journey, reach their full potential and understand that we are exactly where we are supposed to be right now!
2 World records were set with the Coxless Crew:
- First all female team to row the Pacific Ocean.
- First ever fours boat to row the Pacific Ocean.
- Travelling the world for 15 years
- Coming back to the UK to train to row across the Pacific Ocean
- How the Pacific Row came about and how she came to be involved in it
- Being open to opportunities
- Deciding if she liked rowing!
- The selection process for the Coxless Crew
- Why getting to the start line was almost as difficult as the ocean row
- Doing all the planning while holding down a full time job and how it helped to prepare them for the crossing
- Being overwhelmed and dealing with those feelings
- Taking it day by day, and focusing all her energies on getting to the start line
- Having the support of the team and why it made it easier to keep on going
- Why if you don’t ask, you don’t get
- Remembering the start and her feelings of quiet and calm during the first 24 hours.
- 2 hours on & 2 hours off for 9 months & how it impacted on sleep patterns and how quickly the body can adapt
- Getting into routine and how life became very simple: - eat, sleep, row, repeat!
- Getting to know the women on the boat and having the time and space to listen to one another while sharing their stories
- Meditation while rowing and being fully present and living in that moment
- Learning how to shift her mindset:- using mantras, motivating one another, photo’s, writing blog posts, and speaking to family members
“I am in charge of how I feel, and today I am choosing happiness”
- Focusing on the positive and setting your attention at the start of the day, to have a great day!
- The challenges she faced during the 9 month row and one particular challenging night shift
“I can do it - I can do it - I can do it - I can do it - I can do it”
- Team Values: - SPIRIT - Strength, Perseverance, Integrity, Resilience, Inspiration, Trust
- Being open with one another and learning to not take things personally
- The biggest argument on the boat…. Instant Noodles!!!
- What she has learned about herself by doing the Pacific Row Challenge
- Setting herself up as an inspirational speaker
- Why being yourself is so important and why self belief is important
“We all have the power to be who we want to be and do what we want to do”
- Being more aware of what she can control and what she can’t control
- Having the power to choose your attitude and making sure you enjoy the journey
- Coming back to reality and no longer being in a rowing boat in the middle of the ocean
- The next Coxless Crew team challenge!
- “Losing Site of Shore” - A documentary of the row
Learn more about Natalie by visiting her website - say hi to her on twitter @EyeoftheNomad
Learn more about the Coxless Crew by visiting their website and follow on twitter @coxlesscrew
Feeling inspired week after week?
You can do 3 easy things to help me continue to grow the podcast!
- Subscribe to the podcast in iTunes, so you won’t miss a single episode
- If you’re loving the podcast, please leave a 5-star review on iTunes! I read every single comment!
- Share the podcast with your friends, especially if you think it could help them, and spread the #ToughGirlPodcast love.
Your support helps me continue to grow the podcast and do inspiring things in this space! Already done all 3? You’re a rockstar! Thank you!
Want to do more?
Please become a Patron and donate a small fixed amount every month to help fund the runnings costs.