Nahla is a social change maker, a transformative coach, a podcaster, an accidental adventurer and a speaker.
As the founder of the CIC Sunshine People, every year she takes on a new challenge and every year she discovers something new about the power that kindness has on people.
We first spoke with Nahla in February 2020 where she shared more about how she started off doing challenges and how it evolved over the years. During that episode Nahla shares more about her 2018 challenge of cycling 3,000 miles across America, as well as her 2019 walk from Swanage, Dorset to Gretna Green in Scotland. A 500 mile journey visiting schools and promoting kindness on the way, through speaking, workshops and sunshine people events.
In 2020 Nahla took on her biggest challenge to date riding 5,000 miles on an ElliptiGO Bike across the UK while writing “KINDNESS” in massive Strava Art! This challenge would also see Nahla gain a World Record for the furthest distance travelled in a single journey on an Elliptical cycle.
Nahla has recently finished writing her 3rd book - “The Accidental Adventurer: just how far can kindness take you” - which will be released on November 1st
About the book: The Accidental Adventurer is not only a journey of adventures but a journey of life, with all its rawness, vulnerability and most of all connections. Nahla Summers never intended to become an adventurer but after a life event that changed who she was as a person she discovered that the adventures were helping her find herself not again, but for the first time. This book demonstrates the extraordinary power of the mind when everything else fails.
New episodes of the Tough Girl Podcast go live every Tuesday and Thursday at 7am UK time - Make sure you hit the subscribe button so you don’t miss out.
The Tough Girl Podcast is sponsorship and ad free thanks to the monthly financial support of patrons. To find out more about supporting your favourite podcast and becoming a patron please check out www.patreon.com/toughgirlpodcast
- Who is Nahla
- Her past adventures
- Her most recent challenge in 2020
- The start of 2020
- Making changes and adapting to a new plan
- Trying to find a new route in the UK
- Why connection is more important than money
- Having to think outside the box
- How the new kindness challenge idea came about
- Figuring out the logistics of the journey
- Making changes while out on the road
- Cycling 50 miles per day over 4 months
- Not having to have it perfect before the start
- What an ElliptiGO bike is
- Riding it for the first time
- Needing to practice!
- Going up hill on an ElliptiGO
- Emma Timmis - Riding an ElliptioGo across Australia
- Starting the challenge on 1st August 2020
- Training and getting fit for the challenge
- How it worked day to day
- Having a support vehicle to start with
- Going solo
- Being supported by Hilton Hotels
- Organising accommodation as she went along
- Dealing with stress during a challenge
- “Well it is what it is” and needing to deal with it
- Breathing properly
- Going back to her purpose and her reason why
- Getting on a vitamin plan to boost her health and wellbeing
- Show your support by doing an act of kindness for a stranger
- The power of kindness and the importance of kindness in society
- Saying hello and connecting with people
- The message of Sunshine People
- Free Listening by Urban Confessional
- The Crisp Packet Project - https://crisppacketproject.com
- Starting a podcast! The Culture of Kindness Podcast by Nahla Summers (New episodes every week on a Sunday)
- Writing a new book! The Accidental Adventurer - Live in November 2021
- Social media being used for the best
- Kindness Day UK - November 13th
- Advice for being kind to yourself
- Planning the next challenge - A World First…..