Laura is a British adventure athlete with a passion for the endurance capability of the human body. A strong believer in the positive impact that adventure and sport can have on children and adults alike, Laura uses her human powered journeys as a platform to inspire and encourage others to get outside.
Previous adventures include solo kayaking in Russia, solo cycling the world's longest coastal route in Ireland and circumnavigating three of the Channel Islands using three different sporting disciplines as part of a rather extreme triathlon!
- Learning more about Laura
- Growing up on a farm then going to theatre school
- Falling in love with sport again
- What can I get my body to do?
- How a pub quiz led her to wanting to kayak the longest river in Russia
- 8 months to prepare for her first big challenge - Including funding…
- Telling her parents about her challenge
- Getting into Russia and the first 24hrs not going to plan
- Having her trip go viral on social media…..
- Tracking/being tracked? 8,000 views on her tracker map every day…
- Where is Laura? Bring stalked? Enforced hospitality…
- Feeling vulnerable and deciding what to do about it
- “there is a fine line between being a badass and being a dumb-ass”
- Her learnings from Russia and why she’s ok with failure
- Deciding to cycle across Ireland
- Being a women and being mindful when traveling and doing adventures
- The Wild Atlantic Way….
- Planning the trip and the challenges involved especially getting use to wild camping again
- Wanting to prove something to herself
- Dealing with the miserable days!
- Paddling the Thames home as a fun mini challenge!
- Making up her own triathlon around the Channel Islands!
- Why she loved the cycling!
- Pushing her body to her limits - her tips and tricks
- Having a busy 2017 and working with Keen #TrailFit
- Tackling her fear of running & why she thought she would never be a runner
- Getting people to take the first step
- Why fun is so important!
- Future plans and adventures - working with schools
- Struggling with balance
- Final words of advice and why you should follow your own inner spark
Learn more about Laura!
Website - https://www.lauraexplorer.com