Alex has always has a love for the outdoors and has always been fiercely independent. Her love of adventure began when she first went travelling in Africa.
In 2015 Alex hiked the Pacific Crest Trail, a 2700 mile trail that starts at the border of Mexico and goes through America to the border of Canada. Returning to work was an impossible task and after 4 months back in an office she quit to become a permanent adventurer.
First stop back to America, second stop New Zealand (with a few thousand miles of hiking in between). Listen as Alex shares more about her adventures on the Tough Girl Podcast
- Going back to her childhood and what she was like growing up
- Being inspired by her granddad
- Having a normal life!
- Spending 6 months over in Africa
- Questioning what she was doing and why she was doing
- Deciding to take a sabbatical from her job!
- Dealing with the obstacles…. & facing up to her fears
- Why she choose the Pacific Crest Trail?
- Taking us back to the start!
- Getting her tourist visa for America!
- Getting to America and what was happening in her head before she started
- The moment that stood out for her while on the trail
- Meeting Kat Davies while on the trail - Listen to her PCT hike here!
- Overcoming fears on the trail
- Finishing the trail on her birthday!
- Making the transition back to “normal” life and going back to work
- Heading to the Himalaya’s to climb Mera Peak (6,476m)
- Quitting her job and what she did next!
- The differences between walking North and South on the PCT
- Being under time pressure to get through the Sierra before the snowfall
- Having no responsibility and being free
- Her trail name!
- Dealing with the time pressure while heading Southbound
- What’s happening inside her head while being out in the woods
- Why she wasn’t trying to “find herself”
- Being able to share the trail with a friend
- How she’s funded these trips and how she funds her lifestyle
- Her monthly budget
- Learning more about Love her Wild - (You can listen to Bex on the Tough Girl Podcast as well!)
- Her cycle tour in Australia (Sydney to Darwin)- why she decided to do, what inspired her, planning the route, buying her bike!
- Having low points and how she handles it
- Being a hiker at heart
- What she’s learnt from leading this life
- Her beliefs
- The charities she supports
Feeling inspired week after week?
You can do 3 easy things to help me continue to grow the podcast!
- Subscribe to the podcast in iTunes, so you won’t miss a single episode
- If you’re loving the podcast, please leave a 5-star review on iTunes! I read every single comment!
- Share the podcast with your friends, especially if you think it could help them, and spread the #ToughGirlPodcast love.
Your support helps me continue to grow the podcast and do inspiring things in this space! Already done all 3? You’re a rockstar! Thank you!
Want to do more?
Please become a Patron and donate a small fixed amount every month to help fund the runnings costs.