Adelle is a British middle distance track athlete, who has competed for Great Britain over 800m on a number of occasions. Adelle has competed internationally on a European, Commonwealth and World stage for over 10 years.
Adelle's international debut was a the European Youth Olympics in 2009, where she won a Silver medal at 16 years old.
Since then, she has gone on to compete for Great Britain at a senior level competing at two European Athletics Championships in Amsterdam 2016 and Berlin 2018, at the World Indoor Athletics Championships in Portland 2016, World Athletics Championships in London 2017, World University Games in Taipei 2017, the Commonwealth Games for team England in Gold Coast 2018 and at the European Indoor Athletics Championships in Glasgow 2019.
Throughout competing as a senior athlete on the international stage, Adelle has balanced her life off the track working as a Hair & Makeup artist.
"Sport has so much to offer, I’d love all woman to have the opportunity to enhance their life with sport. There is so much power in lifting each other up and continuing to create spaces for woman & girls to flourish.” - Adelle Tracey
New episodes of the Tough Girl Podcast go live every Tuesday at 7am UK time - Hit the subscribe button so you don’t miss out.
The Tough Girl Podcast is sponsorship and ad free thanks to the monthly financial support of patrons.
Support the mission to increase the amount of female role models in the media. Visit www.patreon.com/toughgirlpodcast
and subscribe - super quick and easy to do and it makes a massive difference. Thank you.
- Who is Adelle
- Wanting to be an athlete
- Being inspired by the Olympics
- Being inspired by her head teacher - Mr Potter
- Excelling at sports day
- Getting involved in the school running club
- Making her first GB team at 16
- Achieving her first Silver medal
- Discovering make up later on
- Remembering back to the Youth Olympics
- Being part of a team
- Being inspired by female role models
- Looking up to Dame Kelly Holmes
- Running the longer distances
- Endurance sports in athletics
- Winter training and weekly milage
- Magical Moments from the past 10 years
- Finishing 4th in the final
- Getting a personal best (PB) in the semi finals
- Tactics on the start line
- Working with a sports psychologist
- Music during the warmups
- Following a cool room process
- Training in a winter block - an approx week and what it looks like
- Doing a triple day
- Pre-hab, stretching and rolling
- Sleeping and napping
- Keeping injury free
- Maintaining motivation levels
- Getting out of the door
- Working as hard as she can
- Advice for more advanced runner who want to run faster
- Advice for getting your mojo back
- Going back to your reason why
- The importance of goals
- Linking her training to her period.
- Working with Fitrwomen
- Future goals
- Funding and paying for her lifestyle
- Why 2020 was such a difficult year
- Dealing with financial stress
- Ending the season on a high
- Having a vision board and writing down goals
- Final words of advice