The Queen Of Abs
, Santia Deck, is a history-making Female Professional American Footballer and Social Media Influencer with over 700,000 loyal and engaged followers.
Santia Marie Deck was born in South Carolina and raised in Houston, Texas. She now resides in Atlanta and travels often. Since childhood, Santia has been running full speed after her dream of success. Now, she works tirelessly to inspire and empower young people and women around the world with her passion and determination.
Santia, 28, recently made history by becoming the highest-paid woman to play the sport, signing a multi-million-dollar deal with the WFLA. Recently, Santia made history again - becoming the first female athlete to own her own sneaker company
Santia’s talents are by no means limited to the pitch: she is also a published author, a fitness model, TV personality, and a TV host. She has kept her fitness trainer certification and offers a variety of services to celebrity clients worldwide and her wide-ranging community of online supporters.
She became a published author whilst studying at school in 2016 with ‘The Struggle’. Whilst Santia gained a degree in English, she felt her passions lay elsewhere and set out to fight against the stigma of women competing in popular male sports. She has often expressed her desire to give young aspiring sports women a platform of strength and courage. Even after becoming a worldwide phenomenon, she claims to still receive negative comments across social media from men such as “you belong in the kitchen” and “leave real sports to men”. These comments have only fuelled her determination and resilience as her star has grown.
She has 3 brothers who all play running back. Growing up, she trained religiously with them, unaware that she was moulding herself to become the highest-paid female American Footballer. Santia started as a track star before moving onto rugby and then flag football. Now, she is the first woman in history to sign a multi-million-dollar deal with the WFLA. She has made headlines around the world as a powerful role model to young budding female athletes.
"Remember, nothing is impossible. If you want it, go get it."
- Santia Deck
New episodes of the Tough Girl Podcast go live every Tuesday and Thursday at 7am UK time - Make sure you hit the subscribe button so you don’t miss out.
The Tough Girl Podcast is sponsorship and ad free thanks to the monthly financial support of patrons. To find out more about supporting your favourite podcast and becoming a patron please check out www.patreon.com/toughgirlpodcast
- Who is Santia and what she does
- Growing up and how sports played a massive part in her life
- Playing tennis at 4years old
- Dreaming of becoming an Olympian
- Getting a full ride scholarship to college
- How American Football works for women
- WFLA - who is owned by Lupe Rose
- Getting paid to play sport
- What’s changed
- Training and fitness
- Working with 4 coaches
- What a typical week looks like
- Training 3/4 times a week for 1.5hrs each day
- Nutrition and figuring out what is best for her body
- Trying to maintain wight and muscle mass
- Recovery after training and matches
- The challenges while playing
- Being hard on herself and striving for perfection
- Getting back up again after a big hit or when a play hasn’t gone right
- Building business and being an entrepreneur
- Building followers on Instagram
- Being inspired by her mum
- Staying focused on her dream when other people don’t believe in you
- Proving a point to others
- The 5 year plan/vision
- Not being able to play American Football at school or college
- The sisterhood and playing as part of a team
- American Football and head injuries
- Advice for other women who want to play American Football
- The start of the season in May
- Role models in American Football
- Advice for the little girls growing up
- Being known as - Queen of Abs!
- Why be a Princess when you can be a Queen!
- Starting her own story
- Quick Fire Questions