Nuran in her own words:
“Lover of road trips, the great outdoors, and all things natural; I feel truly free and content in the mountains.
After giving up my corporate job in 2015, I embarked on a 7-week road trip through Europe with my two children in tow to visit friends and family. The kids were 3 and 6 years old at the time and I had no idea when I might go back to work, so wanted to make the most of our summer together.
Since my husband wasn’t able to join us due to work commitments – and because I’m not one for sitting at home during the summer holidays, I went on my own.
Little did we know that what started as a spontaneous idea, would soon turn into the regular highlight of our year.
Our road trip adventures have taken us across Europe and we fell in love with the Alps and the Scottish Highlands. This summer we are hoping to explore the Italian Dolomites not least because I really want us to try a Via Ferrata hike there.
I’m a huge believer in “trying out new things” or “just going for it”.
You can’t truly know what you are capable of without trying it. This is especially amazing to witness with children when they’ve achieved something for the first time! With experience comes trust and self belief; these are the values that I try to instil in my kids.
As Thomas Fuller once said, “All thing are hard difficult before they are easy.”
Therefore, I’ve just launched my adventure & travel blog “www.growadventurously.com
" where my mission is simple: I want to inspire mums to adventure solo with their kids; through adventure/travel tips & advice, itineraries and green & healthy lifestyle guides. I want to give them the confidence to experience this joy with their kids, make wonderful memories and grow adventurously together.”
New episodes of the Tough Girl Podcast go live every Tuesday and Thursday at 7am UK time - Make sure you hit the subscribe button so you don’t miss out.
The Tough Girl Podcast is sponsorship and ad free thanks to the monthly financial support of patrons. To find out more about supporting your favourite podcast and becoming a patron please check out www.patreon.com/toughgirlpodcast
- Growing up in Germany to Turkish Parents
- Being based in South East London for the past 15 years
- Having 2 kids, aged 7 & 11 years old
- Spending time outdoors while she was growing up
- Doing lots of sports in her teen years
- Loving adventure and taking the opportunities to try something new
- Deciding to go sky diving last minute on a business trip!
- Why you should seize the moment and take advantage of the opportunities
- Having children in her early 30s
- Deciding to make a change in 2015
- The life/work balance
- Having 7 weeks off with the kids
- Wanting to do something fun
- Deciding on a road trip to Germany
- Her role models when she was younger
- Planning and preparation for the first road trip
- Figuring out the loop
- Structure of the day
- How to entertain the children
- Loving audio books
- Dealing with meltdowns
- How it worked being solo
- Magical moment
- Getting into rock climbing
- Growing with her children
- Overcoming challenges while on the road
- Deciding to start blogging to inspire other mums to go on adventures with their kids
- Incorporating adventure into her everyday life
- Starting gardening in 2020
- Training for the Yorkshire 3 Peaks Challenge
- Following a training plan based on HR
- Working on her fitness and endurance
- Kate Sielmann - Mountaineering & Trekking Coach
- Fitting her training in around her family
- Mental training…
- Being prepared with food and water
- Final words of advice and top tips