Namratha believes one should find ways to be more grounded and closer to nature. She has found that for herself through meditation and trekking.
Namratha would love to do her part in encouraging people to pursue a healthy lifestyle. She always thinks that one should be mentally and physically fit to be able to do what one wants irrespective of the age.
Listen to Namratha as she shares more about her childhood, how she got into trekking and why she decided on this challenges, she talks us through her planning and preparation, how she dealt with the tough days and where her mental resilience comes from.
New episodes of the Tough Girl Podcast go live every Tuesday and Thursday at 7am UK time - Hit the subscribe button so you don’t miss out.
The Tough Girl Podcast is sponsorship and ad free thanks to the monthly financial support of patrons.
Support the mission to increase the amount of female role models in the media. Visit www.patreon.com/toughgirlpodcast
and subscribe - super quick and easy to do and it makes a massive difference. Thank you.
- Who is Nam?
- What her family was like
- Growing up in a small town
- Working as a HR professional
- Being introduced to trekking by her husband in 2013
- Role models while growing up
- Longing to get back into the mountains
- Being inspired to be fit
- Getting into trekking and her first experiences
- Being encouraged to go trekking
- The 50 Alpine Lakes Challenge
- Dealing with early onset arthritis
- Working o strengthening the muscles in her knee
- Trekking with a guide who knows the routes
- Dealing with the altitude
- Doing the challenge while having a full time job
- Dealing with challenges like snowfall and lightening while out trekking
- Listening to her body and making the right decision at the time
- Having a favourite lake
- Learning to travel solo and building up confidence
- Learning to become more comfortable with herself
- Advice for women who want to travel solo
- The need to prepare and to do your homework
- Female guides on the mountains
- The challenges on her body and how it adapted
- Go to food on the mountain
- Wanting to get more people fit and healthy
- Wanting to create a webpage
- Final words of advice to inspire you.