Kat is a climate change consultant based in Oxfordshire. Striving for a healthy work-life balance Kat spends as much time as possible outdoors, mostly walking and cycling, with a splash of paddle boarding.
Kat also spends a lot of the time with grease on her face as a volunteer mechanic for Broken Spoke, a community bike project in Oxford.
Listen to Kat on the Tough Girl Podcast!!
New episodes of the Tough Girl Podcast go live every Tuesday and Thursday at 7am UK time - Make sure you hit the subscribe button so you don’t miss out.
The Tough Girl Podcast is sponsorship and ad free thanks to the monthly financial support of patrons. To find out more about supporting your favourite podcast and becoming a patron please check out www.patreon.com/toughgirlpodcast
- Early childhood and being an active family
- Having a passion for the environment
- Having a work life balance
- Starting her blog ‘Attitude over Ability’
- Writing about her experiences
- What does Adventure mean to Kat?
- Why you don’t need to suffer to have adventure
- Why it’s ok to have a nice time and to have fun
- Deciding to walk across Switzerland solo
- The Alpine Pass Route, Switzerland
- Training and fitness for the challenge
- Doing a 2 day Mountain Training course
- Having an infinity for crossing countries on foot
- Deciding to hike the South Island of New Zealand
- Planning for a 3month trip on the other side of the world
- Money and budgets
- Concerns before the challenge
- The challenging weather in New Zealand
- The safety of crossing the rivers
- Dealing with wet feet day after day
- Being social or wanting solitude
- Being ill with heatstroke
- Dealing with the adventure blues after time away on an adventure
- Attitude to life and adventure
- Final words of advice
- Separate her self worth from her achievements