Elisabet is a Swedish ultra running athlete, who is also a two time winner of the toughest footrace on the planet - the Marathon des Sables - which she won in 2015 and 2017.
We first spoke with Elisabet for the Tough Girl Podcast in 2015 when she shared more about her earlier life, working as a management consultant, how she got into running and what it was like winning her first big race.
A lot has changed in the 5 years since we last spoke; Elisabet has remarried, sold her old running business and is now living in Norway and studying sex & relationship therapy. While still coaching her running clients.
During this episode, we find out what’s been going on! We talk about dealing with pressure, going through a divorce, meeting a new man, leaving the UK to move to Norway. Plus changing her diet to plant based, and why she is wanting to transition out of competitive running.
Listen to Elisabet on the Tough Girl Podcast Extra!
Make sure you subscribe so you don’t miss out on any new episodes!
New Episodes every Tuesday at 7am UK time, with bonus episodes on a Thursday at 7am UK time!
- Catching up with Elisabet
- Who is Elisabet
- Making a living from running since 2015
- Working as a management consultant in London
- Changing jobs in 2014 and starting to train more for running
- The impact from winning the Marathon des Sables in 2015
- Taking the risk and daring to jump!
- Finally leaving the corporate world in 2016
- Reflecting back on 2016
- The new challenges she had to face
- Dealing with the pressure to perform
- Racing and winning races all over the world!
- Separating from her husband and trying to sell the business
- The start of 2017
- Not wanting to let anyone down
- Coming 4th in MDS in 2016 - being 2 mins off the podium
- Getting super focused and removing distractions from her life
- Winning the MDS in 2017
- Focusing on what she can control
- Putting in the work and feeling confident
- Focusing on the mental side of training
- “The Queen of the Desert Ultra” - Lesson in Badassery
- Top tips for running in desert ultras
- Being flexible and being able to cope with the unexpected
- Walking and hiking during ultra races
- Fast packing/hiking adventures in Nepal and Sweden
- Doing the Everest Trail Race
- Meeting her husband
- Changing to a plant based diet
- Moving over to Norway
- Deciding to study - Sex, Health & Relationships!
- Being your authentic self
- Learning to be kinder to her body
- Struggling to find the motivation to race
- Taking the time to reflect during Covid
- The second half of 2020
- Final words of advice for making changes in your life