Dr. Tekemia Dorsey is the CEO of the International Association of Black Triathletes, and Owner of IABT MultiSport Racing. Dr. Dorsey is the founder of the 2018 “Youth & Junior TRI-Conference®/EXPO*Event!”
Dr. Dorsey received her Doctorate of Management in Organizational Leadership from the University of Phoenix and Masters of Education in Guidance & Counseling from the University of Maryland Eastern Shore.
Using her leadership principles and core pillars, Dr. Dorsey has become an established, best-selling and awarding winner author and business professional, keynote speaker, facilitator/workshop presenter, curriculum specialist, publisher, professor, entrepreneur, radio show host, executive leadership trainer/coach, community activist, athlete and Child of God.
She is a well-rounded athlete as a runner (marathoner), duathlete, triathlete, and an IRONMAN.
New episodes of the Tough Girl Podcast go live every Tuesday and Thursday at 7am UK time! Make sure you subscribe so you don’t miss out!
The tough girl podcast is sponsorship and ad free thanks to the monthly financial support of patrons. To find out more about supporting your favourite podcast and becoming a patron please check out www.patreon.com/toughgirlpodcast
- Who is Tekemia
- Getting into sports
- Playing softball at college
- Getting into running
- Running her first race
- Falling in love with running
- Inspiring people with her running
- Making the transition into triathlon in 2013
- Starting with a Duathalon - run - bike - run
- Doing her first Ironman - Ironman Eagleman
- Learning how to swim
- Why she does challenges
- Why quitting has never been an option
- Applying lessons from her life to doing the Ironman
- Creating SMART goals and achieving them
- Being her own worst enemy
- “Failure is not an option”
- Being raised by her grandmother
- Starting the IABT - International Association of Black Triathletes
- The vision and the goals for IABT
- Being new to the multi-sport industry
- Figuring out her niche
- Getting her children involved in triathlon
- Having a focus on youth
- Getting to understand the industry more
- Creating a guaranteed pathway to college through triathlon
- Creating opportunities for youth
- Dealing with set backs and stress
- Being a single mum
- Changing the narrative
- What a typical week looks like
- Launching a new initiative
IABT/IABT MultiSport Racing - Mission is to develop athletic talent and the whole Child, living in urban communities through the Multi-sport Industry.