Christine and her husband Stephen, have always loved to cycle and cycling has played a huge part in their lives. During this podcast Christine shares more about how she got into cycling, why they decided to pack up and head off on an adventure of a lifetime!
- Why Christine reached out to me
- Why she started cycling
- Her first cycling adventure!
- Meeting her husband and their join love for cycling
- Starting to take regular cycling holidays
- Having children and going on holiday with them to Northern Europe
- The cycle holiday that stands out to her
- Getting the idea to cycle the world - how the idea first started..
- Giving themselves 16/17 months to prepare
- Why the world!
- One year or two years?!
- Who they told first and their reaction!
- Her friends and what they said!
- “How are you going to manage being with your husband everyday?”
- Getting married in 1984
- Did she have any fears/worries before the trip?
- Being - Flexible
- The planning….
- The start and how she was feeling..
- Getting into their routine by day 2!
- The challenges she faces… breaking her arm
- Taking a 5 month break
- Deciding where to go next…
- The challenges of cycling in New Zealand
- The daily routine while on the road
- The challenges of cycling in Japan
- Advice for women who want to go on a big cycling trip
- Deciding to come home
- Plans to head back to South America
- Settling back into home life!
- Blogging about their adventure!
- Final words of advice!
& on Twitter @CycleGBCoast