Bruna is a dedicated adventure sport explorer.
Bruna has solo-climbed the tallest mountain in the Western Hemisphere (Aconcagua, 23,000 ft), whitewater rafted the entirety of the Grand Canyon (226 river miles), and sailed across half of the Pacific Ocean, 6,100 nautical miles!
During this podcast Bruna shares more about her early years, how she got into hiking and how her love of adventure has evolved. Bruna shares stories from hiking in the mountains and kayaking down rivers.
We also learn more about Conquer a new website to connect adventurers to new challenges!
- Getting into the outdoors at the age of 20
- How going to college changed her life and discovering the world of hiking
- Visiting the White Mountains in America
- How she added hiking into her life
- Heading off to climb Aconcagua in South America
- Her reasons for wanting to climb Aconcagua
- Ranked as number 4 for difficulty out of the 7 summits
- Deciding to do it as a solo trip
- Planning for 18 months
- Dealing with the logistics of weight and gear
- Deciding not to use porters
- The different emotions during the challenge
- Experiencing insecurity
- Dealing with the lack of oxygen and how it affects you
- Base camps and weather windows
- Dealing with storms and a whiteout
- Going for the summit
- Dealing with the aftermath
- The deadly conditions of the mountain
- Making the smart choice
- Going back for another go
- Setting a big challenge every year
- 2018 Challenge - White water rafting the Grand Canyon
- Applying for the lottery 2 years in advance!
- Pulling a team of 8 together!
- Struggling to find women to do the trip
- Taking on a new sport and the challenges of breaking into the community
- Founder of Conquer - “Push Your Limits”
- Building resilience in tech and how it has applied to the outdoors
Website - https://brunaadventures.weebly.com
Sign up for Conquer - http://launch.conquersignup.com/early