Anna McNuff is an adventurer, speaker, author and mischief maker. Named by The Guardian as one of the top female adventurers of our time, Condé Nast Traveller included her in a list of the 50 most influential travellers in the world. She is also the UK ambassador for Girl Guiding.
Anna’s major journeys include cycling a beautiful pink bicycle through each and every state of the USA, running the length of New Zealand, and exploring the peaks and passes of The Andes mountains – a journey in which she ascended the equivalent to eleven times the height of Everest on a bicycle.
In the summer of 2019, she set off on her most ambitious adventure yet – a 2,300+ mile (90 marathon) run through Britain… in her bare feet. Starting in the Shetland Islands and ending five months later in London, she weaved her way along rugged coastlines, through small villages, across moors, along beaches, over farmland and even pitter pattered down the odd picturesque A-road too. All the way along, she gave talks to the young women of Britain about taking on challenges of their own.
Much closer to home, Anna has also spent a month cycling across Europe directed entirely by social media, run the length of Hadrian’s wall dressed as a Roman Soldier, and the length of the Jurassic Coast, dressed as a dinosaur. As you do.
She can often be found writing in a local café in her home city of Gloucester, and will never turn down a slice of lemon meringue pie.
- What Anna enjoys doing
- Why she loves doing big challenges
- The Barefoot Britain Challenge 2019
- How 50 barefoot marathons turned into 100…
- Building awareness for the Girl Guiding
- Preparing her feet for the run
- Running the London Marathon April 2019 - 26.2 miles
- Dealing with other people’s opinions about you
- Why you know what you are capable off
- Asking for help…
- Starting the challenge in the Shetland Islands
- Having a kit bag called “Barry Buttercup”
- Dealing with the logistics and how challenging it was
- Making it 1000 miles….
- Getting a small cut in her foot
- Looking for a Doctor who could help!
- Being off her feet for 2 weeks
- Getting running coaching to help minimise injury
- The Running Lab - London
- Dealing with injury
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Defaulting to happiness
- Pink hair and maintaining it!!!
- Making sacrifices?
- Choosing happiness
- Managing a relationship while doing adventure
- Trying to have babies!!
- Let’s talk about periods and moon cups
- Finishing Barefoot Britain in London and moving the finish date
- Running multiple marathons on running tracks around London
- Book update!
- Llama Drama…. coming out in July!
- New Kids book - 100 Adventures to Have Before You Grow Up
- Advice for self publishing your own books
- The Creative Pen Podcast
- Final words of advice to motivate and inspire you.