Anna, is a British born adventurer, motivational speaker, influencer and author.
She was recently named by Condé Nast Traveller as one of the 50 most influential travellers of our time, and by the the Guardian as one of the top modern female adventurers.
She is also proud to be the UK Ambassador for Girl Guiding, and the co-founder of Adventure Queens.
During this podcast we learn more about the Kathmandu Coast to Coast challenge in New Zealand, how it came about, the challenge she had to face and what she learnt form the experience. Anna shares more about her life as an adventurer, her ‘survival’ work and her ‘soul’ work. She also shares more about her next challenge and why she has decided to take this on!
We have spoken to Anna in 2016 (running the length of New Zealand) and 2018 (cycling the Andes) you can catch up and listen to these episodes on the tough girl podcast!
- Where is Anna and what is she up to?
- Why the past year has been ridiculous!
- Having Jamie running for 1 year in America!
- Spending time in New Zealand
- Teaming up with Katmandu to do the Adventure Race - Coast to Coast in New Zealand (243 km race across the South Island - Cycling, running & Kayaking)
- Doing Kayaking for the first time!
- How she met Holly Woodhouse
- The biggest challenges on the race…
- Making a BIG mistake on Day 1!!!
- The pain cave…
- Tips and tricks for mental resilience and why you have to take it one step at a time
- The biggest learning from doing the coast to coast
- Why Day 2 was so amazing!
- The logistics and the importance of the support crew
- The next book!!
- The life of an adventurer - the realities and the money
- The soul work and the survival work
- Being inspired by Seth Godin
- Barefoot Britain - 100 Barefoot Marathons!
- The spark of inspiration for this idea
- What it’s like running barefoot!
- June 2nd in the Shetland Islands
- 5 month wiggles through the country
- What to do if you want Anna to come and speak at your girl guides club (about 3 a week)
- The logistics of the route
- Anna’s Angels
- Dealing with the pressure (which is self inflicted)
- Filming a documentary about the run at the same time
- Quick fire Questions….
Connect with Anna - Support & follow!
Website - www.annamcnuff.com
Twitter - @AnnaMcNuff
Instagram - @Annamcnuff
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/AMcNuff/
Get involved with Barefoot Britain - https://www.annamcnuff.com/barefootbritain/